Senior Product Manager
Apply for this Position
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops the Company’s strategic direction in respective product groups. This includes recommendations to high potential target segments, product portfolio, pricing strategy, channels, marketing programs and alliances. Strategic direction encompasses one, three and five year planning horizons. Makes strategic direction recommendations based on depth of knowledge of size and scope of the opportunity, major requirements for success including ASC gap analysis, buying influences and competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops and documents strategic direction plan.
- Conducts required research on an ongoing basis to provide metrics for the strategic plan. Includes published literature and research, field research and target customer interviews.
- Manages market product portfolios, product life cycle analysis, product enhancement, new product development initiatives and development team membership. Leads cross functional development and life cycle management teams.
- Develops strategic alliance programs.
- Develops product databases based on sales performance history.
- Recommendations for public relations programs, materials advertising, literature, price books, trade shows and sales tools.
- Serves as an information source about product and market for internal and external customers.
- Serves as a team member on the major projects bid team, NPP committee and cost improvement teams.
- Develops, in conjunction with sales, the annual business plan forecast with responsibility for achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline.
- Five to ten years of related work experience in marketing and product management.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Quantitative skills and the ability to perform financial analysis.
- Knowledge of selling, general marketing and product development.
- Exceptionally well developed interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability for critical decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Engineering, Sales and other colleagues.
- Basic electrical knowledge, understanding of office design work and telecommunication applications may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers.
- Ability to apply managerial and supervisory skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.