Plant Operations Manager
Apply for this Position
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Facilities, Maintenance and EHS Departments to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Investigates and strives to sustain corrective countermeasures of all OSHA reportable and near miss incidents.
- Develops and maintains quality standards combined with productivity goals.
- Supports quality department.
- Develops and maintains a team approach while working with operators, supervisors and engineers to identify and address internal quality issues.
- Establishes production priorities. Plans and directs production activities to meet these timelines.
- Assures meeting the production dates from planning.
- Assures On-Time-Delivery to both internal and external customers.
- Directs and coaches managers of functional departments to meet departmental goals.
- Works with engineers and production control to meet scheduling demands and assures profitability.
- Works with the purchasing and planning team to drive inventory to the proper level based on demand.
- Works cross-functionally to set up the flow of product through the facility.
- Works collaboratively to meet the established productivity goals.
- Monitors daily productivity and sets action plan for better achievement as needed.
- Establishes and works with cross-functional teams to achieve the desired efficiency goals.
- Mentors and coaches managers in conflict resolution.
- Establishes and nurtures a professional relationship with management, employees and the union membership.
- Actively participate in operation team meetings and assignments outside of plant management for the betterment of American Seating and all its stakeholders.
- Establishes, trains and mentors lean practices.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or Engineering.
- Eight years or more of work experience with progressive responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Exercise excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Standard computer literacy with Excel, Work, and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of JIT, lean manufacturing principles and specific product knowledge.
- Ability to apply coaching, team building and leadership skills.
- Ability to meet production deadlines and to react to changes to meet customer demands.
- Ability to work in occasional stressful atmosphere due to last minute schedule changes while maintaining a professional leadership role.